Buck Build Tool
Buck is a build tool from Facebook that we were working with to replace Crazy fun. We have since replaced it with Bazel.
This documentation previously located on the wiki
You can read the documentation for the legacy Crazy Fun Build tool.
Building Selenium with Buck
The easiest thing to do is to just run “./go”. The build process will download the right version of Buck for you so long as there’s no
.nobuckcheck file in the root of the project. The download ends up in
HASH is the value of the current buck version (given in the
.buckversion file in the root of the project.
If you’d like to build and run our fork of Buck, then:
git clone https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/buck.git cd buck && ant export PATH=`pwd`/bin:$PATH cd ~/src/selenium buck build chrome firefox htmlunit remote leg-rc buck test --all
Should you need to update the version of Buck that is downloaded:
- Checkout the source to Buck and build the PEX:
buck build --show-output buck
- Figure out the git hash of the version you’ve just built. Normally that’ll be the HEAD of master. Put that full hash into the
.buckversionof the main selenium project.
- Put the md5 hash of the PEX into the
.buckhashfile in the main selenium project.
- Create a new release of SeleniumHQ’s Buck fork on GitHub. The name is
buck-release-$VERSION, where $VERSION is whatever’s in
.buckversionin the main selenium project.
- Upload the PEX to the release, and make the release public.
- Commit the changes to the main selenium project and push them.
Last modified January 10, 2022: More wiki (#907) [deploy site] (adcf706a1ad)