August 18, 2013 by adam goucher
A Smattering of Selenium #157
Trying to find every excuse not to cut the grass … including apparently closing some browser tabs.
- Interoperability – Standardized Test Information Interchange has me so full of ‘meh’ as to be hilarious. Commercially driven standards rarely are and/or I am just too much of an open source person to accept this model for standards development
- Licensing in a Post Copyright World – important
- How to Make Async Requests in PHP is php specific in its solution, but has some interesting bits about socket establishment that applies to other ones as well
- Adding Comments to JSON feels like a hack. Buts a clever hack.
- Maven Release Plugin: The Final Nail in the Coffin takes great joy in removing part of the maven environment from their workflow. And really, who doesn’t?
- Open Sourcing a Python Project the Right Way is nice … though of course, as with everything else these days, it has some Github specific isms. You can do it the right way with hg and bitbucket of course… and that is disclaimed in the article
- Headless Watir using both HTTPUnit and PhantomJS
- Implementing HTTP Status Codes in WebDriver, Part 2: Achievement Unlocked – umm, part 2?
- PhantomJS + Plugins + AWS + BrowserMob Proxy – proxy all the things! Including headless things.
- Mastering the Craft is a good reminder, but also, eBay has its own customized version of eclipse? Guessing this is one of those ‘at scale’ solutions