August 12, 2013 by adam goucher
A Smattering of Selenium #156
Brain fried from PyCon Canada 2013 and ‘some’ browser tab is misbehaving which means its time to start closing some of these.
- Patchwork seems like an awesome idea, but at the same time, I’ve had to work in heavily monkey-patched RoR apps before…
- Evolving syntax is PHP specific in its examples, but the ideas transfer
- Roslyn + Selenium: Scripty C# Powering Browser Automation – some C# voodoo?
- It’s like 10000 knives when all you need is a Spoon – or specifically, this particular spoon which is yet-another-android-automation-tool. See comments for a bit of discussion re Appium which seems to be the currently best marketed solution in this space
- Planet generator has absolutely nothing to do with automation, but is just cool
- TestSpicer could be cool if it is massively flushed out
- Compatibility changes in IE11 Preview is going to break things I fear, for instance the readyState stuff?
- PyCon Canada 2013 decks are now up
- Implementing WebDriver HTTP Status Codes, Part 1: Challenge Accepted – is interesting in that it uses Fiddler
- Links are not buttons. Neither are DIVs and SPANs – this, a million times.