July 22, 2013 by adam goucher
A Smattering of Selenium #154
Apparently today’s ‘wait for an email’ task is to whittle down the smattering queue some more.
- I won’t even pretend that FOAAS has to do with automation, but makes me laugh. Also, depending on how crappy your place of work is, it might not be SFW
- PHP RFC: Importing namespaced functions is interesting if you are writing your scripts in a Functional manner. In PHP. In a future where it gets accepted and implemented.
- Measuring Web Page Load Times using JMeter — and read the response articles too for clarification / elaboration
- I kinda like that Se suites are making their way into large projects such as Moodle’s functional-test-suite repo. But at the same time it worries me when it hasn’t had a commit in 10 months. Suites should likely change even more than the app code it exercises
- jasmine tactics screencast — on the long list of tools I should learn
- Introducing the Mogotest Jenkins Plugin – hurray for more pipeline integration points
- The DOM isn’t slow, you are. — set the phasers on snark, and then read it anyways.
- Cross-Browser, Event-based, Element Resize Detection – edges are sharp.
- There is No ROI in Social Media Marketing – read this, and now read it again swapping in Functional Automation everywhere
- Now Available: Pocket Guide to Colour Accessibility could, in theory, be translated into a set of ‘rules’ to validate pages against since we can the colour of elements and their computed css values.