A Smattering of Selenium #133
Since today is the start of ‘find a new contract’ I guess I don’t have an excuse to miss these for the next week or so.
(Oh, and Happy New Year, etc.)
- This is snark, but just makes me laugh given the hype machine around ATDD/BDD;
AS an angry userI WANT TO punch the developer in the faceSO THAT I CAN punch the developer in the face.
— Kristopher Johnson (@OldManKris) December 4, 2012
- Alright, this is also snark, but Why not make your URLs responsive? is an interesting ‘how would I automate this?’ question
- Adoption Of Exploratory Testing And Test Automation On The Rise is kinda sales-y [which is fine given the context], but if you swap in ‘Selenium IDE’ or ‘Selenium Builder’ for ‘TestStudio’ then you have the case for those parts of the suite.
- web++ is a single file webserver — in c++
- From 15 hours to 15 seconds: reducing a crushing build time is pretty good, though some very obvious developer tendencies sneaking in. The quick fix at the end, run the build entirely on the tmpfs in-memory file system seems in intriguing as well.
- Your periodic reminder that Simply Writing Tests Is Not Test Driven Development
- HTML5 canvas performance: Drawing circles — timing is something we’ll also have to care about in HTML5 apps.
- Falsehoods programmers believe about build systems. Yes.
- And I thought my brain hurt before reading display: none;. I was wrong.