July 6, 2012 by adam goucher
A Smattering of Selenium #99
With the queue flushed we’ll go back to our regular random posting schedule
- Etsy Code as Craft: The Other Part of Software Architecture with Coda Hale – Code as Craft talks are generally good
- All the Atlassian Summit 2012 talks. I love this trend.
- Perception Of Performance discusses the whole ‘OMG CHOME IS HELLA FAST ON IOS!!!!!!’ madness. As the last line of the article says, I present to you, the power of marketing! Oh. And read Peter Kasting’s comment as well for a bit of a rebuttal.
- Uploading Files in Remote WebDriver showcases part of the Remote WebDriver stuff that doesn’t get much written about it.
- Puppet Link With Jenkins – Heck, why not?
- Automated UI Testing Done Right – for some definition of right for some person at some time in some context…
- Leap Smear is likely an example of internal smart-ass jargon that ended up sticking; Time, technology and leaping seconds
- Use Python + Selenium to Automate Web Timing takes a non-proxy route to getting page information
- bwoken 1.1 can run UIAutomation scripts in the simulator and on the device which is pretty awesome. Know what would be more awesome? If Apple did this themselves rather than the community having to figure it out on their own. But that goes for a lot of vendors with a lot of things.
- Stop worrying about Time To First Byte (TTFB) shows that, shocking!, different tools measure the same thing different ways and get different results. Never happens. Oh. and a bit of a rebuttal; TL;DR: Time to First Byte Matters, when you know what to put into those bytes.