A Smattering of Selenium #98
Happy day off Canuckistan!
Happy day off Canuckistan! I’ll be in California in two weeks; here is my schedule — come by and chat
- Selenium Rc to Webdriver Migration – Part2 is included mainly for the IE bit. Busted SSL certificate? Don’t work around the problem — fix it! Can’t find an element? Synchronize properly — don’t just bap it in the face with the magic implicit wait wand…
- Google I/O 2012 Videos won’t give you the loot attendees got, just the content.
- Does WebDriver support Jelly Bean yet? /me ducks and runs for cover
- Scaling Continuous Integration – Cutting Test Time by 77% – my Spidey sense says that the next wave of tooling is about dynamic script selection, parallelization and general speediness-ing. In this article since there’s no longer a need to delay arbitrary amounts of time is the killer line.
- jQuery Core: Version 1.9 and Beyond seems rather optimistic. WebDriver should be immune [I think] though so if your scripts break, its the app! 🙂
- Myth #2 of Cucumber: It’s about Talking not Testing is outstanding. And sadly, nearly ubiquitous
- Unicode for dummies — Encoding – be afraid of any article that starts with The basic concepts are simple. Then brace yourself and read it anyways. Unicode is important.
- Cloud-powered Continuous Integration and Deployment architectures is very AWS centric (obviously given the author) but still pretty good.
- Can’t get enough of Responsive Design? How about Responsive Images: How they Almost Worked and What We Need
- This would have been more relevant last week when it was Back To The Future day, but Delorean lets you muck about with time in your Ruby scripts