June 13, 2012 by adam goucher
A Smattering of Selenium #86
Look at that! 3 days in a row, and the boy isn’t even gone to school yet and I’ve hit ‘publish’
- Most people know about this already, but SeleniumConf has its own YouTube channel — which has all of the 2012 videos on it now.
- How to Dynamically Add Android Support to Selenium Server at Runtime
- Python Iteration is a beginner talk about, well, iterating in Python. In ways that you would expect (for) and ways that you wouldn’t (generators)
- Sleepy Automated Tests talks about polling loops. I like the use of the phrase periodic comatose states
- Wait! Using Selenium Web Driver with jQuery animations could be something you want to stash into your base classes if you are using JQuery
- If you are using Robot Framework, robotframework-httplibrary and robotframework-requests could be of interest to do all the things on your site that don’t need a browser to actually be involved
- I wonder a) how long it will take them to decide on what HTTP2 looks like, b) how long the conversion will take? (IPv6 anyone?) See the HTTP2 Proposals to see what the next progression of the web’s transport layer could look like
- Driving your iOS app from CoffeeScript? Sure! Introducing Bwoken
- Selenium and Quality Center Integration using NUnit could be valuable for .NET shops wanting to integrate things with QC. Though looking at the arrows the scripts are still run from VS — there is money to be made running them from QC and not just using it as a result repo.
- PHP Hammer is just about the best response to snark ever