June 11, 2012 by adam goucher
A Smattering of Selenium #84
What? Its only been 3 months since the last one. Sheesh.
- Sorry about being a G+ article, but DOM Ready discusses briefly about how to build your page in terms of order of events. Of course, if you read the comments it is very much buyer beware, but…
- I’ve been fixating a bit on operational dashboards the last little while and Enterprise Operational Intelligence has a couple good ones
- Looking to use BrowserID? There’s a Page Object for that.
- Lessons from Etsy: Avoiding Kitchen Nightmares starts with an oven belching flame and gets better from there
- Roll your own page objects, is, for the record how I do Page Objects too. Well, aside from using something like Cucumber as just a functional runner
- Rachmaninov’s Third Piano Concerto, Played by Selenium is just cool
- Splitting Robot Framework tests into batches for parallel execution is one solution to the ‘my batches were balanced but now they are not’ problem
- The Long Tail of Technical Debt shows one way of parsing run information and suggests what do do with this particular outcome pattern
- Bugwatch is magic, but magic can be fun too! Well, sometimes.
- And lastly,
When test automation is made a goal rather than a tool, quality suffers.
— Ben Simo (@QualityFrog) April 27, 2012