A Smattering of Selenium #81
Its March Break (at least here) which means its also Catch Up Week.
Its March Break (at least here) which means its also Catch Up Week. An extra long Smattering every day!
- Generally I reccomend to people not to automate file uploads, but sometimes they are unavoidable. Selenium Tips: Uploading Files in Remote WebDriver explains how one might go about things in WebDriver
- HTTP Status Cats isn’t new, but is still funny.
- httpstatus.es has the same information, but organized slightly differently. Now for someone to make a mashup of the two
- Coypu appears to be a .NET wrapper around WebDriver
- From this year’s CodeMash, Continuous Integration in the Mobile World
- Like rake but like Python more? Now you can use shovel
- Plasma is another C# framework that has WebDriver-ness in it for automating ASP.NET apps
- Zonebie is a gem that can inject different timezones into your scripts to see if they are sensitive to that sort of thing.
- Tool mania is a useful reminder that sometimes Se can be a wrench.
- What’s your team’s Precommit Process?
- DevOps DNS for Developers – Now There’s No Excuse Not To Know because there is now no excuse not to know
- Toying with Context Managers explains this bit of Python syntax sugar
- If you are looking to raise the ire of the Se devs, Xcode just doesn’t work worth shit is a good example. Not that I recommend it. But yes, I did laugh when reading it.
- Does your app have a REST API? Do you test it using Se? Stop! Its not the right tool. Once you understand REST you’ll see why and RESTful API Server – Doing it the right way (Part 1) does a decent job explaining things.
- (Really Really) Understanding traceroute is one of those everyday tools that people think they understand, but often don’t.
- No Wrong Answers: Questions for Pre‑Clients apply just as much for automation projects
- Web-Drawing Throwdown: Paper.js Vs. Processing.js Vs. Raphael illustrates these three canvas libraries. Now, who is going to produce the demo Se scripts to interact with these. Canvas is coming and its kinda scary.
- Automating Web Performance Stats Collection in .NET talks about the BrowserMobProxy with .NET
- Serializing python-requests’ Session objects for fun and profit is a bit of code spelunking and a useful bit of code as well.
- Processing Text Files in Python 3 is going to be more and more important whether we are ready or not.