March 12, 2012 by adam goucher
A Smattering of Selenium #81
Its March Break (at least here) which means its also Catch Up Week. An extra long Smattering every day!
- Generally I reccomend to people not to automate file uploads, but sometimes they are unavoidable. Selenium Tips: Uploading Files in Remote WebDriver explains how one might go about things in WebDriver
- HTTP Status Cats isn’t new, but is still funny.
- httpstatus.es has the same information, but organized slightly differently. Now for someone to make a mashup of the two
- Coypu appears to be a .NET wrapper around WebDriver
- From this year’s CodeMash, Continuous Integration in the Mobile World
- Like rake but like Python more? Now you can use shovel
- Plasma is another C# framework that has WebDriver-ness in it for automating ASP.NET apps
- Zonebie is a gem that can inject different timezones into your scripts to see if they are sensitive to that sort of thing.
- Tool mania is a useful reminder that sometimes Se can be a wrench.
- What’s your team’s Precommit Process?
- DevOps DNS for Developers – Now There’s No Excuse Not To Know because there is now no excuse not to know
- Toying with Context Managers explains this bit of Python syntax sugar
- If you are looking to raise the ire of the Se devs, Xcode just doesn’t work worth shit is a good example. Not that I recommend it. But yes, I did laugh when reading it.
- Does your app have a REST API? Do you test it using Se? Stop! Its not the right tool. Once you understand REST you’ll see why and RESTful API Server – Doing it the right way (Part 1) does a decent job explaining things.
- (Really Really) Understanding traceroute is one of those everyday tools that people think they understand, but often don’t.
- No Wrong Answers: Questions for Pre‑Clients apply just as much for automation projects
- Web-Drawing Throwdown: Paper.js Vs. Processing.js Vs. Raphael illustrates these three canvas libraries. Now, who is going to produce the demo Se scripts to interact with these. Canvas is coming and its kinda scary.
- Automating Web Performance Stats Collection in .NET talks about the BrowserMobProxy with .NET
- Serializing python-requests’ Session objects for fun and profit is a bit of code spelunking and a useful bit of code as well.
- Processing Text Files in Python 3 is going to be more and more important whether we are ready or not.