February 1, 2012 by adam goucher
A Smattering of Selenium #78
Look! A light at the end of the tunnel!
- ASP.NET MVC + Selenium + IISExpress – You don’t see too many Windows how-to’s. Not sure if they just don’t get tweeted about or is more a sign of that community.
- Write Logs for Machines, use JSON is a nice idea. I wonder if (when) the major CI containers will land on a pseudo-standard for consuming JSON
- Remote File Upload using Selenium 2’s FileDetectors shows yet another area I need to figure out in WebDriver (not Selenium 2 as Santi so stubbornly referred to it as 🙂
- Janky is GitHub’s CI server. Seems like this is the current cool route; that is, implementing your own rather than building off of one of the major existing ones. Which I suppose makes sense.
- From Dependent Tests to Independent Tests to Independent Assertions has a nice refactoring trick to clean-up your scripts
- I’ve posted how to inject Sizzle into your WebDriver scripts at least once, and here is another time. Injecting the Sizzle CSS selector library
- And if Sizzle isn’t your thing, WebDriver Plus has JQuery-esque DOM Traversing
- Important notice regarding Java packages in Partner archive is something to keep in mind if you want to run the Selenium Server on Ubuntu
- Looks like ShingingPanda is the Python equivalent of CloudBees, and has instructions on how to get Selenium running on it in ShiningPanda is Selenium ready!
- Articles that lead in with Boy. That was a headache. are usually good ones to link to. WebDriver, Webdriver, and more web driver. This one is about the WebDriver iOS driver.
And today’s post of mine is WebDriver and Cookies which explains how, well, cookies and webdriver play together.