August 20, 2012 by adam goucher
A Smattering of Selenium #111
When this gets published, I’ll be sitting around the Barcelona airport waiting for my connection home. Unless I screwed up the time math. 🙂
- The dangers of uniformity pours cold water on something that I know I used to preach for automation environments.
- How to crawl a quarter billion webpages in 40 hours doesn’t have code listed (he explains why) but it explains how you could write it yourself if you wanted.
- No coffee today, a report of the Munich 08/12 test automation code retreat has me thinking that for Se Conf next year, a ‘test automation code retreat’ might be an interesting thing.
- Behat + Selenium2 / Webdriver is interesting. And has been updated to have a link to Behat + Selenium2 / Webdriver with MinkExtension which apparently is easier.
- Bouncing Python’s Generators With a Trampoline lost me at ‘tail call optimization’ but seems cool.
- The AA-FTT annual workshop was last weekend, here is an excellent write-up about what happened there.
- Droplets of Watir seems like a great collection of recipes for Watir.
- Selenium Best Practices is a good page, with a horrible name
- Workflow Driven Development: Asserting a Workflow using an Audit Trail reminds us that individual page states are not the only thing that matters.
- Mozilla drops usage of Selenium RC shows that Mozilla is right on the cutting edge. But also raises the question of when should the rest of us should drop it as well.