July 13, 2012 by adam goucher
A Smattering of Selenium #101
Really? A drought for most of the week and now I’ve got a queue again in the span of 3 hours?
- Developing RESTful Web APIs with Python, Flask and MongoDB is toolchain dependent, but likely enough cross-tool-ism to be worth a quick click through
- The cool part of Jasmine Testing With Sauce Labs isn’t necessarily the Jasmine part, but the Sauce Connect Puppet part. Though Jasmine is high on my cool list.
- Google Offers All-In-One Mobile App Analytics. Woohoo! More things to slow down the mobile experience. And for us to figure out how to block to not get in the way of automation.
- WebDriverWait and Python is mine, but documents part of the driver that doesn’t have too much coverage right now
- I think there is a bit too much generalization with the usage of ‘they’ (see ‘They think it is more good than harm. They are proud how popular it is.’) but Dragon Chicken says: “Once upon a time a knight that knew only record-playback came to fight me. It was a lot of fun.” discusses one of the points that keeps the Watir and Se communities at arms-length from each other. Not that they should be…
- UI Testing at Tradeshift is a decent article on how, well, they do UI Testing at Tradeshift. Like most series, the latter ones are the more technical ones but the the first one does provide ‘the story so far.’ part 1, part 2, part 3
- Highlights a Selenium Webdriver element is another bit of code I think I’ll liberate. Well the idea at any rate since I’m not using his page model.
- Get Test-Infected With Selenium is a Python WebDriver tutorial. Not too horrific.
- A Python list-like wrapper around WebDriver’s support.select.Select class is another one of mine and is pretty out there; both in terms of what I was doing, and the level of meta I went to.
- Testing HTML5 Offline Features Against a Remote Server Using Capybara/Selenium could also be done with something like the BrowserMob Proxy, but the idea is the same. And something we’re all going to have to add to our toolkits.