Selenium Conf is coming… get your proposals in!
It has been mentioned at and hinted upon a couple times in the Smattering posts, but nothing has ‘officially’ been mentioned here, so it is time we fix that.
The first Selenium Conf is a go!
The logistics are set and we’re starting to sort out the program. Here is what you need to know. Right. Now.
- When – Monday, April 4 – Wednesday, April 6
- Where – Marines Memorial Club and Hotel
- Why – Its about darn time…
This is a community driven event, though our friends at Sauce Labs are doing a lot of the leg work on the facilities (and food!), as so we want the community to be at the front of the room and not just the usual folks that do the talking circuit. (Unless you really want me to talk all day — which I can as many can attest.) Because of this we have extended the talk submission to Friday, January 21, 2011 11:59 PM (Pacific Standard Time) to expand the both the number of proposals and the number of people proposing talks.
Have a vague notion that you would like to submit something but not sure what we are looking for? I offer these as guide posts to help your thinking:
- Technical over Theoretical – code will always trump handwaving around slides
- Experience Reports – On our project, we did X and it did or did not work and here is what we learned as a result
- No Sales Pitches! – We can get sales pitches at vendor driven conferences. If your talk’s proposal is accepted and then you deliver a thinly veiled sales pitch you should expect to have your mic turned off.
- Varied Experience – If your talk can appeal to newbies and people on the core team, that is a win in my books
So again, submit your talk – or risk hearing me all day.
Oh, and mark on your calendars Tuesday, February 1 — because we bumped at the proposal date so too is the ticket release date.