November 28, 2011 by adam goucher
A Smattering of Selenium #71
Looking like there might also be one later in the week too…
- As we start to transistion the web over the HTML5, I keep thinking about incorporating some ‘static’ checks into Se scripts. HTML5 Accessibility Chops: using nested figure elements explains some good (and bad) ways to use <figure>
- Jim took my nudging the organizing tests post I linked to last time and expanded on Organize Your Tests, Part II: Use Metadata!. I really like the separation of execution and organization which is not something I had explicitly thought about before.
- A quick screencast on using the IPhoneDriver and jQuery Mobile.
- A bash script to set up Quickstart as a continuous integration appliance. is kinda trick, but I personally would use something like Puppet or Chef to do this.
- How I Replaced Cucumber With 65 Lines of Python is full of build-a-better-lightsaber goodness.
- Is there a way to perform a mouseover (hover over an element) using Selenium and Python bindings? illustrates one of the lesser documented parts of the Python bindings: ActionChains.
- Ebselen is another Mavenised Selenium test framework
- Not sure if this applies to how people run Se scripts with Visual Studio, but Fixing Parallel Test Execution in Visual Studio 2010 seems useful enough to link to.
- The snowday formatter for RSpec is so unbelievably awesome. Maybe my frameworks needs to grow this for the holiday season. Hmmm…
- junitparams is an alternate runner for JUnit to enable more readable parameterized scripts.