October 17, 2011 by adam goucher
A Smattering of Selenium #64
How did I fall behind again already?!?!
- This is a pretty good deck. Automation Isn’t All Shiny Toys
- If your work is divided in time-based goals then providing videos of the end result is a fantastic idea. See Dave’s Q3/2011 in review. The last two screencasts directly relate to Se
- The training wheels came off is outstanding! I’ve been saying this around Se-IDE for years.
- If you have tried automation-in-anger with Python, then you have likely spent some time swearing at the GIL. Thankfully David Beazley finds the GIL ‘fun’ and has posted some slides about it. here and here. Such geeky fun.
- Feature Switching is an important concept to get your development team wrapped around if doing automation; Feature switching: a better way to collaborate even has a common project feature-switch-inated linked to at the end.
- Another important thing is hosting your own respository of build artifacts. Repository? That’s not a repository
- Logging Selenium 2 Events in Twist is a product centric spike report — but is a good read if you want to extend WebDriver
- This ‘Learn your tools’ reminder is brought to you by diving down the stack
- Automated configuration management with Puppet? Geppetto seems to be an important addition to that toolset.
- The 5 steps to the parallel web testing epiphany