July 15, 2011 by adam goucher
A Smattering of Selenium #54
Two Smatterings in two days?!!? That never happens. Well, except when I get behind and have a metric tonne of links queued up.
- Next week appears to be Meetup week with ones in London on Tuesday, Toronto on Wednesday and San Francisco on Thursday. It’s like we coordinated or something. (But didn’t.)
- Last month’s SFSE meetup was on framework design. Here is the slides and the video.
- Selenium Smells goes on a bit of a rant (and provides solutions) to people putting sleeps in their code instead of proper synchronization. For the record, this is the first thing I do when I’m auditing people’s Se code.
- Se isn’t really designed for the ‘look and feel’ aspect of automation, but Selenium test for computedStyle a way to do it.
- Using Watir and want to use the new Opera driver? Its easy-peasy according to Using Opera with Watir-Webdriver (for free)
- What’s a Smattering without some crazy geek thing that helps you learn your tools better? slots. There you go.
- More build pipelining — this time with Jenkins. Our Jenkins Build Pipeline setup
- Nobody Understands REST or HTTP could be added to me required reading list.
- Read the last paragraph of of 404s, automation and other things. Now read it again.
- Mozilla practices what it preaches in terms of the Open Web as discussed in These are your tests: Testing in the Mozilla Ecosystem
- Insulating against failure using Caching Reverse Proxies just seems like a good idea.
- Web devs optimistic over IE10 conditionals drop seems to be something we-who-deal-with-browsers-and-their-quirks-for-a-living need to be aware of
- In a weird bit of timing A Selenium and Python appetizer came out mere hours after Getting Started With Selenium WebDriver on Ubuntu/Debian. For some reason, this quote comes to mind. 🙂