May 7, 2011 by adam goucher
A Smattering of Selenium #48
It’s catch-up time again! Here is the first 10.
- Automated tests for HTML5 offline web applications with Capybara and Selenium shows how a custom Firefox profile lets you automate Offline capabilities of HTML5 apps
- Robot Framework’s SeleniumLibrary 2.7 has been released primarily to pick up 2.0b3 of the Selenium Server.
- There was a series of posts about using Selenium with Drupal recently.
- Using XPath Axes for locating elements in Selenium discusses some of the more advanced ways of finding elements via XPath
- I’ll follow that up with a link to the cssify project which will attempt to automatically convert XPath locators to CSS
- And since we’re now onto CSS… CSS Stress Testing and Performance Profiling discusses the stress-css bookmarklet. Which you can integrate into your Se scripts using a trick I discuss here
- VMTH (Virtual Machine Test Harness) seems like another thing to put into the automated deployment toolkit
- GTAC 2011 has been announced — seems to be moving away from the hard-core automation geekery that it was when it started.
- WatirGrid can haz Selenium if you want a different model of browser distribution and are using Ruby. Naturally, Gridinit also supports both now
- If you are using Jenkins, Video recording, slides of “Securing Jenkins” webinar could be useful viewing