A Smattering of Selenium #41
There isn’t an official announcement anywhere (yet) but Selenium 2.0b2 was released a couple hours ago.
There isn’t an official announcement anywhere (yet) but Selenium 2.0b2 was released a couple hours ago. Time to upgrade all your servers. Beta 3 is going to focus on IE9 and FF4 support.
- A Webinar on Automated Selenium Testing with Maestro 3 could be interesting if you are considering the Maestro platform.
- And sticking with the webinar idea, Sauce Labs is hosting Selenium 2 Webinar: The Next Generation of Web and Mobile Application Testing
- After a bit of stagnation, the official Python drivers are starting to get updated again.
- After almost a year, a new version of js-test-driver is out.
- Selenium Sushi is a support library / package for .NET
- Window Driver Pattern for Acceptance Tests illustrates Page Objects for PHP (though I don’t think it goes as far as it should in terms of abstractions).
- Aside from locators, the next biggest pain point is synchronization. Advanced Selenium Synchronization with ‘Latches’ is how I address that.
- Need an easy way to communicate Selenese steps on something like Stack Overflow? The Separated Values Formatter could be just the trick.
- Selenesse is a mash-up of Fitnesse and Selenium. If you are going to StarEast and want to learn it from one of the maintainers then Want to learn SeleNesse hands-on? is for you.
- Your automated acceptance tests needn’t be written in the same language as your system being tested explains a trap that too many teams fall into