January 25, 2011 by adam goucher
A Smattering of Selenium #38B
Will today be the day I finish three weeks of catch-up? Well, no..
- UI Tests – putting it all together summarizes the series of posts using Watir and Cucumber, but the ideas could be converted to Se pretty easily.
- I haven’t read it, but Essential Software Testdesign is now available for free [legitimately] as a pdf. Test Design is something I expect to see more discussion around in 2011 when it comes to Se automation. The rules really are different here.
- Missed GTAC 2011 but want to be there vicariously? Now you can! GTAC #5: videos, slides, abstracts
- Removing -htmlSuite from the Selenium Server and replacing it with a ‘real’ runner is something I’ve been thinking about recently after seeing [PROPOSAL] Webdriver Selenese HTML Runner. Who else has done this? Let’s see/share the code.
- I was babbling on about Page Objects on Twitter and was sent a video on ‘BDD, ATDD and Page Object’. Haven’t had time to see it yet, but you might.
- Selenium Zoetrope is a PHP Se runner that will also record a video of your script’s run.
- The Economist: Testing Drupal using Selenium is an experience report about the project that zoetrope originated in.
- The elements of (cucumber) style is a nice ‘style guide’ you could consider adopting for your Cucumber scripts.
- Another Selenium Auto Accept Self Signed SSL Certificates and Basic Authentication post, but this time with a Ruby bias for those who insist on having SSL turned on in environments other than production. (WHY?)
- And from the same person, Testing PDF files with (and without) Selenium which is outstandingly cool. I know of at least one client who needed this a year ago.